The first Francis Holland School was established in 1878 by the Canon Reverend Francis Holland, chaplain to Queen Victoria and King Edward VII. An innovator in his day, Francis Holland was committed to the advancement and provision of education for girls. This spirit of innovation and advancement lives on in the Trust today.
Now with 1,300 girls across its three schools and 165 teaching staff, the Trust provides financial stability through a shared Bursary and a Board of Governors known as The Council. There are currently 17 members who are all pre-eminent in their professional fields, providing well-informed advice via a structure of committees to all of our schools. There is a close working relationship between the Chair of Governors, the school Heads and the Chief Operating Officer to ensure a dynamic, smooth-running organisation. The Trust however, recognises the different character of each school and great value is placed on the autonomy each Head has over their school in terms of staffing, curriculum, uniform and culture.
Whilst the Trust has an Anglican foundation, all Francis Holland schools welcome girls from all faiths or none.